8.24.2012

It feels like the first time

Going through the trauma of leaving your "babies" (mine are 8 & 17 years old) in school after a long summer break is hard enough. Having to do it twice in the same week is...well, even more difficult. I'm getting too old for this. Being away from my babies for so many hours is having an adverse effect on me. I feel worn out and I just want to go to bed until they get home.

Today was Nathan's second  "First Day of School" and I have a knot in the pit of my stomach because he just started a brand new school. The clock is not moving fast enough. I want to go pick him up already. He seemed excited and happy, but I'm nervous and not so happy. I try to imagine what it would be like if I were 8 years old and I had to start a brand new school 4 days after I had just gone back to my old school. He's a lot braver than I am, that's for sure. One good thing is that his new teacher is very sweet and all the school personnel we met today were so kind and helpful. They made us feel very welcome.

I will continue to wait as patiently as possible for my little babies to get home.

THEY'RE HOME!

I was so happy to have them finally here with me that I totally forgot to post my blog before 12am and now...I'm late! Oh well...I hope you will be forgiving since it's Friday!!

Have a great weekend!!

xoxo
LaShenny


2 comments:

  1. Glad it went well! Dile a Nathan que es mi héroe :)
    Love u guys! I met my class on Friday. All the parents seemed so sweet and the kids are cute. I'm getting excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty amazing, right? Praise God! Have a blessed school year!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts and join the conversation.