8.15.2012

What in tarnation is a mucocele?

I know you must be wondering why I would choose such a strange topic to start off my second day as a "blogger", but I kept thinking about all the things that I've been through and this one just kept popping into my head! The most important thing about this entry is the fact that I can share with you something else about me...
  1. I believe in miracles.
  2. I believe God has the power to heal us. 
So, here's my story:

A few months ago, I woke up feeling something was wrong with my mouth. I noticed that I had a "bump" inside my bottom lip. I gave it some time, but it seemed to be getting bigger and I started getting worried...What could it be? Is it dangerous? Logically, the next step would have been to call a doctor and make an appointment. But that's not what I did. I "googled" it! (You've probably done it too, right?) 

In my research I discovered what a mucocele is and how it's usually a dentist that removes it. Another important thing I kept reading in several places was that it was very rare for them to go away on their own and usually have to be removed through minor oral surgery. I spoke to my dentist and found out they could remove it and how much it would cost, but I made the mistake of looking up videos on youtube of the procedure. That night I prayed and asked God to heal me. When I woke up the next day the mucocele had gotten significantly smaller and I couldn't feel it as much any more! I had to give thanks to God because I had trusted in Him and He had answered my prayer. Shortly after, it completely disappeared!

This is what my "mucocele" looked like.
So that's what I wanted to leave with you today. I hope you learned something new and please feel free to share your experiences in the comment section below.

I gotta run because I have a delicious banana bread baking in the oven! (I'll post pics soon!)

As promised! Enjoy...




2 comments:

Please share your thoughts and join the conversation.